Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Consults with other specialty practitioners for consultative opinions and continuation of care.
- Triages, assesses, and re-assesses patients throughout patient visits.
- Documents medical assessments, observations and treatments accurately in accordance with MTF policy.
- Responsible for the proper delegation of duties, teaching, and clinical supervision of subordinate personnel.
- Performs duties as Code Team Member when on duty in the clinic.
- Provides appropriate patient/significant other teaching and education.
- Evaluates effectiveness and level of patient/significant other understanding of teaching provided.
- Obtains necessary information on patients seen in the Emergency/UCC Department, such as medical records, x-ray films and reports, and pathology slides and reports.
- Assists the MTF's graduate medical education programs, when required. NOTE: Supervision, as used in this PD, means clinically-related supervision only and does not include inherently governmental supervisory duties, including, but not limited to, personnel and employment related activities, i.e., timecards or leave approval.
- Medical consultant to base “911” system and patient transfers. This includes reviewing and signing AF522 “Patient Care Report” to ensure EMS standards of care are met. Also feed back to the paramedics/EMTs following ambulance runs.
- Meets all training required by the Military Treatment Facility (MTF).
- Conducts monthly Peer Reviews per MTF requirements.
- Follows MTF-specific guidelines and protocols. Evaluates and treats MTF patients that
- Shall remain on-shift until the relief physician arrives or close of business.
- Provider will be expected to work up to 24 hour shifts at a time or any hours less than 24 as situation dictates.
- Providers will complete all notes within 72 business hours.
- Degree/Education: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Experience: The Physician must have three (3) years of post training experience within the last four (4) years.
- Residency: The Physician must have completed one of the following residency programs: An Emergency Medicine residency acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General. (Residency exception approved by AFSG Emergency Medicine Consultant, 20 June 06) A Family Practice or Family Medicine residency acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General. A combined Pediatrics and Internal Medical Medicine residency acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General. Residency Exception. By approval of the AFSG Emergency Consultant, physicians with a minimum of 5 years full-time experience working in an emergency department and able to treat full age spectrum are considered qualified to work in an Urgent Care Center.
- Board Certification: Emergency Medicine Residency-trained physicians: Board eligible or board certification by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM) is required. Family Practice or Family Medicine Residency-Trained Physicians: Current board certification by the American Board of Family Practice (MD) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Practice (DO) is required. Combined Pediatrics and Internal Medicine Residency-Trained Physicians: Board certification in this specialty is required.
- Licensure: Must be in good standing, and under no clinical restrictions, with the state licensure board in any state in which a license is held. Must maintain current certification in required training. Shall be current with and have completed all continuing education requirements specified by applicable professional licensure or certification.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Possess and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Current Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Course (NRC) certifications are desired but not required.
The performance hours of the Urgent Care Center are as follows: 24hrs. each day
Click here to apply online