Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Unit 2 Team Leader
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week.
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To support the Unit 2 Manager in ensuring daily workloads and company objectives are achieved through the planning and organisation of resources and facilities. To assist in the development of the team through training provide workload support as required. To take control of key business requirements as identified by the Unit 2 Manager and providing supervising support at all times, including deputising as required.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To identify and set workload priorities in order to achieve business targets including the ability to review and adjust as required through the organisation of materials and resources.
- To cascade the daily production schedule to team members allocating workloads accordingly to ensure delivery requirements are achieved and where required the appropriate customer specifications are adhered to. Providing support in arranging collections and deliveries as required.
- Maintain and keep up to date any departmental Safe Systems of Work (SSW) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Develop and introduce actions plans in conjunction with the Unit 2 Manager to address areas where targets are not being achieved looking at resources solutions alongside improved processes.
- Maintain department 6S boards as required ensuring the data is relevant, current and complies with the company 6S standard, including KPI data for SQCDP meetings.
- Support the Unit 2 Manager in ensuring shift output targets are in line with production plans including monitoring standard hours cleared, SOT, OTC and DAWC taking the appropriate action for under performance.
- To take responsibility for maintaining the consumable stock levels through scheduled min / max checks facilitating the requisition of additional stock as required.
- To coordinate with the relevant team members to conduct reviews and analysis of PI counts and stock take to ensure accuracy.
- To facilitate the receipt of raw material, subcontract parts and consumable items including the cross checking of paperwork to ensure compliance (GRN, PO’s COC’s) escalating any issues to Quality / Production as required.
- Ensure communication with the Unit 2 Manager and other site managers is maintained at all times through both verbal and written means escalating issues in a timely manner.
- To supervise the running of the department at all times, deputising for the Unit 2 Manager as required.
- To support the Unit 2 Manager in ensuring the department maintains a suitable resource level at all times in order to achieve customer requirements providing working support in any area of the department as determined by workloads or resource shortfalls.
- To support the Unit 2 Manager with training and developing the team ensuring all team members are maintaining their skills through practical rotations throughout the department whilst keeping the skills matrix up to date.
- To be able to train and develop team members to be able to run the conventional machine providing working cover as required.
- To actively work with the team to introduce continuous improvement activities into the department providing training and support as required.
- Work with a minimum amount of supervision and maintain a good level of productivity at all times.
- To take a responsible approach to health and safety in accordance with the company Health & Safety policy and procedures reporting any concerns or incidents to management whilst ensuring all team members are working in a safe manner and adhering to PPE rules.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management in support of the business.
- Good standard of education and must be computer literate
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years conventional machining –Essential
- Experience in an manufacturing assembly environment - Desirable
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the Workplace - Desirable
- Continuous Improvement experience - Desirable
- Experience in an Logistics/Warehouse environment – Desirable.
- Leads by example, setting goals and targets
- Manages time and prioritises
- Trains, mentors & delegates
- Attention to detail
- Good Housekeeping Skills
- Assesses risks and makes decisions
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!