This position reports to the Head of the Primary Casualty Unit and is responsible for the management of an underwriting team.Primary Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the direction and supervision of the underwriting team
- Monitor and drive underwriting staff performance in order to achieve both specific Team and overall Primary Casualty goals and objectives, which include both profitable premium growth and underwriting quality.
- Monitor and manage controllable operating expenses, including travel and entertainment, to achieve established budgets.
- Conduct and document the minimum number of audits of individual underwriting files for all underwriting staff to ensure compliance with corporate underwriting guidelines and standards.
- College degree preferred
- CPCU or insurance continuing education
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, long-term care, education assistance and paid time off.