Responsible for the day-to-day administration of assigned accounts, including the following areas: Trusts, Estates, Agencies, IRA and Custody accounts. Develops new trust business and expands existing relationships. Assists with Qualified Plans. Duties include client retention, fee management, and compliance management. Represents the Trust Company in business activities and contact with customers, attorneys, accountants, and beneficiaries relating to these accounts. Receive guidance in understanding provisions of the documents and strategies associated with the assigned accounts. Maintain contact with clients to discuss and advise on issues. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of account activity by reviewing various reports. Seek guidance on tax and trust issues.
- Strong listening and questioning skills in order to provide advice and consult with clients concerning a broad range of financial planning areas including advanced estate and generation planning, retirement planning, investment management, risk management and charitable planning.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to all aspects of the position and keep informed of new legal, regulatory, and tax developments.
- Perform administrative duties of assigned accounts including reviewing client correspondence and processing requests for information, scheduling of appointments, recording client contacts, approving bills, processing discretionary payment requests, reviewing and coordinating investment cash flow needs with the investment officer.
- Profile existing customer base for additional financial service needs in order to identify cross-selling opportunities through referrals to internal partners within and/or outside of Private Client and Institutional Services.
- Review and analyze legal documents including revocable and irrevocable trusts, wills, real estate, agency agreements, and custody agreements to determine effective administration and compliance with documented provisions.
- Participate in project and working group as well as committees within the organization in order to drive policy and procedural changes in order to improve risk mitigation and work flow efficiency.
- Independently or in collaboration with other partners, create and/or coordinate specific sales proposals to generate new business. In addition, can build and expand referral source opportunities both internally and externally.
- Potentially supervise the activities and development of assigned Administrative Assistants or Officers to ensure customer service standards are met.
- Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region’s marketplace. Establish professional network within the community.
- Coordinate financial planning needs of client.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business, Finance, Accounting , Required
- 7-10 years Personal trust relationship management or related financial services experience, Required
- 7-10 years Complexity of relationships and accounts varies from low to high depending upon level and experience.
Licenses and Certifications
- CFP, CTFA, CPA, CWS preferred