The Trust Fiduciary Officer and Team Lead is responsible for the coordination of personal trust activities in a market including custody, estate, trust, IRA administration; establishes and monitors account assignments, productivity objectives, and regulatory & compliance accountability. Leads effort to expand fiduciary services within area of responsibility. Also responsible for promoting departmental activities among centers of influence.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers trust accounts, especially those of a more delicate or complex nature and confers with Administrators, co-trustees, beneficiaries, and attorneys regarding these accounts.
- Directs and manages work of team personnel in the functional area; determines work priorities and schedules work assignments; interviews and recommends candidates; evaluates, orients, counsel, and trains subordinate personnel and recommends associated personnel actions.
- Organizes required operational activities including Reg. 9 reviews, discretionary distributions and others to meet all regulations and legal requirements; assumes responsibility for preparation of reports provided to executive management. May serve on other committees as assigned by Market Executive.
- Participates in business development activities for selected high profile individuals and participates in joint calls with other Bank professionals.; may be assigned specific relationships with executive management and board of directors to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of personal trust accounts, estate planning principles, taxation, and administrative procedures.
- Proven ability to act independently in document interpretation, decision making regarding administration of account relationships, and interaction with professionals such as attorneys and CPA’s.
- Extensive analytical skills.
- Proven ability to represent the Bank within the local community.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prepare and deliver persuasive oral and written report and presentations.
- Excellent people management and teamwork development skills.