Our client, a major Structural Component Manufacturing facility in the Hudson Valley of New York, is interested in hiring experienced Truss, Wall Panel, and EWP Designers. Qualified individuals will be responsible for designing plans for production and must have knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices within the construction and building materials industry.
- Responsible for designing truss, wall panel and EWP products
- Design, quote and prepare drawings for components and related products as required
- Double check output of design department to ensure accurate and complete product
- Accountable for creating structural component sections and placement plans using AutoCAD and MITEK design programs
- Create design illustrations based from blueprints to produce working drawings for fabrication
- Complete and finalize designs for production and assembly
- Evaluate designs to ensure that designs are produced accurately and timely based off of blueprints provided by customers
- Review and analyze specifications, blueprints, engineered drawings and related designs to determine factors affecting design of the wall, truss and engineered wood component
- Communicate with management, production teams, customers and sales staff to ensure designs are accurate throughout the process
- Assist in responding to questions and concerns from customers
- Follow established procedures and standards using Mitek and other related software
- Must have recent experience with Mitek Software programs
- Will have a wood construction background and knowledge of engineered wood products
- Good computer and math skills required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a structural design role is required
- Must possess knowledge in the basic aspects of construction, basic mathematics, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Pay commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary in addition to an excellent benefits package!
SnapDragon Associates is a small but capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all “lumber people” servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with
Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."
Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or call Bob directly at 603.323.0961.