Our client, a growing Truss and Wall Panel Manufacturer in the Northern Indiana market, is looking to hire a Truss Designer for their Truss and Panel Manufacturing Division. The Truss Manager is the primary liaison between customers and upper management on any projects.Position Responsibilities:
- Directs the design team of truss and wall design technicians and support staff
- Manages the design process according to the standards of the board of directors to comply with company and building code standards. Continually reviews and improves the design process through hands on problem solving, reducing design lead-time, minimizing product cost and improving product quality.
- Overall team planning and scheduling of resources, addressing any issues that arise during the planning process with other departments.
- Ensures project files, engineering seals and records are properly maintained
- Leads the training and development of designers, ensuring design quality and capacity to meet plant needs
- Understands loading conditions and utilizes design software packages
- Computes load and grade requirements and material stress factors to determine design specification based on customer’s structural design needs
- Produces wall panel, floor and roof truss layouts, performs engineering and takeoff services using ability to understand blueprints and customer requirements for specific projects.
- Ensures economical and proper use of materials according to current inventory levels and material costs.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the capabilities of the factory equipment and produces highly manufacturable component designs
SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals. You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm." Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact Anthony directly at 603.621.9037. ext 103.
- Ability to read blueprints and visualize structural details in three dimensions
- Understands code requirements and loading conditions
- Understands field requirements and constructability of panelized components
- Strong command of mathematical concepts of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Expertise in MiTek design software
- Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated, able to work in a fast paced environment