Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Process Operator - Treatments
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 24/7 shift pattern - 12hours days and nights
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Working in a surface treatments environment for aircraft parts. Loading, unloading and jigging of parts manually or by crane/fork lift. Visual inspection of parts checking for damage and full treatments coverage. Completing paperwork to ensure processes have been followed and working to SOP’s and 6 s standards
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Verify parts are correct to the job card.
- Load/unload various parts onto jigs manually, using a crane or fork lift truck.
- Process aircraft parts through various treatments processes (chromic anodising etc).
- Visually inspect parts for damage and to ensure the treatments process has been successful.
- Interpret, follow and read engineering drawings and SOPs without supervision.
- Directly and proactively suggest improvements to processes particularly with new product introduction within the customer specification.
- Process and make recommendations regarding quality issues.
- Liaise with quality, production and engineering teams to improve quality.
- Escalate to a team leader when non-conforming product has been identified.
- Support with problem solving root cause and corrective action activities.
- Attend daily SQCDP meetings, and feedback information as required.
- Carry out load plans within agreed time scales to meet sales targets.
- Ensure all monitoring and measuring equipment is within calibration before use. Escalate any out of calibration equipment to the inspection team leader.
- Maintain high standards of 6S and directly offer improvements.
- Carry out operations safely with regard to own and others safety and dispose of waste correctly
- Fork lift/combi lift or crane licence is an advantage
- Aerospace parts manufacture including treatments
- Experience of shift work
- Communication skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
- Reporting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good IT skills
- Work well under pressure
- Working on own initiative
- Strong quality focus
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!