Magellan Aerospace Limited, Corporate
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Corporate has an exciting new opportunity for a Treasury Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the determination of cash requirements, cash concentration, short-term cash investments and maintenance of appropriate cash flow. They will establish short-term borrowing needs and recommends short-term investing initiatives. Other duties include directing and managing operations of the treasury function, preparing, and analyzing department reports, financial accounting records, cash flow analysis, credit agreement compliance and projections.
- Assist with oversight of international cash management account structures and bank providers
- Manage daily corporate liquidity, execute funds movement transactions, and controls bank balances
- Report daily cash operational activities to management
- Manage short-term borrowing activity and invest excess cash balances
- Consolidate cash and liquidity forecasts
- Analyze variances to budgets
- Assist with domestic and worldwide cash flow forecasting
- Work with operating units to identify liquidity requirements and coordinate inter-company lending, netting and pooling activities.
- Monitor all intercompany (IC) loans and initiate new agreements as needed
- Acts as liaison to Accounting and business units to ensure all cash activity is recorded appropriately on the general ledger, to identify reconciling accountant for each bank account, and to ensure appropriate bank services are secured and applicable
- Partner with cross functional teams including FP&A, Global Payments and Content Acquisition by serving as the subject matter expert on foreign currencies, treasury related regulatory requirements, for strategic initiatives such as payments offerings and contract negotiations
- Manage cash flow hedging program including execution, reporting, performance and controls
- Global Banking relationships, platforms, and agreements
- Maintain bank relationships and oversee bank signatories
- Responsible for opening and renewing CDs
- Bank services, fees, and documentation
- Global bank account approval & administration
- Bank performance reviews
- Working capital management
- Risk management (FX, interest, commodity)
- Systems and process enhancements in support of an efficient treasury operation.
- Participate in other key treasury initiatives such as optimizing capital structure through financing
- Prepare annual debt and interest expense budgets
- Undergraduate or graduate university degree in accounting, business, management or finance. Ideally, Bachelor or Master’s degree with a minimum 7-8 years’ experience in treasury.
- Solid Treasury and Cash Flows / Management background
- In-depth and broad expertise in a variety of treasury operations areas – FX hedging, investments, cash management and cash-flow forecasting
- SAP and / or Treasury workstation experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments, credit facilities and treasury best practices
- Knowledge of general treasury, forecasting, budgeting, and related accounting
- Strong financial modeling
- Excellent verbal, writing, and quantitative skills are essential
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational abilities and high level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments for multiple stakeholders
- Aptitude to excel in a dynamic work environment while managing multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)