***RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE***
MedTrans (Medline Industries) is currently accepting applications for Transportation Supervisor to fill a permanent, direct-hire position in Katy, TX. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in route driver supervision, operations management, and process control and improvement. Valid CDL Class A driver’s license preferred, or willingness to obtain upon hire.
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the assigned MedTrans fleet, with due regard for customer needs. The responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to overseeing the local drivers’ performance, ensuring proper communication between the drivers, Branch, and Corporate Management, the implementation of new routes, and adapting MedTrans capabilities to provide safe, efficient, high quality, transportation service.
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice. Due to continued growth we are in need of a Transportation Supervisor in Katy, TX.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, competitive salary plus incentive, and a stable work environment with a global company. This is a full-time, exempt, Direct-Hire placement offering long-term career opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Transportation Supervisor
- Identify ways to improve operations, routes, capacities, costs, and asset requirements
- Develop operating plans for new routes with due regard for all regulatory requirements, and any safety concerns
- Plan for optimized daily routes and activities based on Branch/Fleet workloads, and available customer order information
- Integrate new and any existing routes to optimize utilization of ALL assets
- Work with internal MedTrans personnel, Branch Management, to ensure all assets, are in place
- Work with MedTrans Corporate to ensure availability of Drivers and assets to meet commitments
- Interview/ evaluate new driver applicants when needed and forward recommendations to Branch Management and MedTrans Senior Director.
- In conjunction with Branch Director, schedule, direct, and coach or counsel MedTrans team members as needed. In addition, perform regular driver ride-a-longs to enhance open two-way communication of Management’s expectations of our drivers while promoting a positive work environment.
- Ensure proper reporting of all activities and adherence to policies
- Potential to fill-in as driver in emergency situations
- Conduct regularly scheduled driver safety meetings at local level
- Develop and maintain working relationships with; Sales, Customers, Vendors, Branch Management, MedTrans Corporate HQ, and Human Resources
Qualifications of the Transportation Supervisor
- 4 year college degree, relevant experience accepted in lieu of education. 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Candidate must have a high sense of urgency and customer service.
- Ability to effectively speak before groups of team members and customers of Medline.
- Understanding of transportation costing and motor carrier operations.
- Class A CDL preferred, or must be willing to obtain
- Experience managing and dispatching drivers
- LTL and TL costs and Pricing knowledge.
- Experience with TMS and route optimization software a plus
- Knowledge of: Outlook, Excel, Access, SAP, Catalyst (WMS), MapPoint, Appian routing and tracking software
Compensation for the Transportation Supervisor
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; along with a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; education assistance; 401(k) with company match and much more!
Typical Work Schedule for the Transportation Supervisor
Monday-Friday, day shift, start times may vary; 8-12 hours per day; 45-55 hours per week. Work schedule may change. Must be flexible with work schedule.
Physical Requirements for the Transportation Supervisor
Move product, supplies, and boxes up to and over 50 lbs. Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, visual acuity-near and far, depth perception, field of vision, color vision.