Magid is looking for a Transportation Manager to manage transportation related activities for our Romeoville operations. This role helps establish the policies and procedures for effective transportation services to support customer order delivery, determines and selects best carriers to provide optimal balance of cost and service for customer shipments, monitors, reviews, and approves transportation invoices, ensures carrier rates properly reflect in Transportation Management System (logpro), and supports delivery, warehouse, and operations team members in all transportation related activities to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Develop corporate policies and procedures related to managing effective transportation operations.
- Manage carriers to support cost effective delivery of customer orders
- Establish carrier expectations, review performance and create and maintain carrier management program.
- Maintain TMS carrier data to accurately determine best cost carrier selection for customer orders.
- “Own” NMFC codes and freight classification for all products. Maintain data in WMS/TMS.
- Maintain and manage use of carrier portals; manage one-off carriers for customer sepcifc deliveries.
- Monitor transporation invoices and payables. Compare actual to standard and revise rates and system accordingly.
- Manage delivery drivers and routes in Romeoville operations. Establish standard operating procedures for remote delivery operations. Monitor performance to goals.
- Manage fleet of vehicles (trucks) to support customer delivery operations. Monitor use of vehicles
- Responsible for safety throughout transportation operations. Instill “safety first” mindset across the organization.
- Establish schedules and routes to maximize service for delivery to local customers. Collaborate with corporate accounts team to manage expectations for service. Manage team to deliver on expectations.
- Recommend improvements to transportation methods, equipment performance and quality of operations.
- Encourage continuous improvement activities and seek opportunities and initiate action for process improvement. Serve as resource for Leads and team members to drive improvement opportunities.
- Lead team member safety information sessions.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Provide supervision in personnel scheduling, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management of your team.
- Implement policies and procedures as they relate to employees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in a transportation management role
- Proficient computer skills working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of TMS/WMS Systems
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and lead in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Customer focused both internal and external
- Must have excellent communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust with all levels of personnel
- Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to resolve conflicts/discrepancies positively and professionally
- Strong communicator and fluent in English (both written and verbal), bilingual a plus
- Ability to stand, walk 50-70% of the day including up/down stairs
The Transportation Manager is a salaried position and offers comprehensive benefits plans to include medical, dental, vision, profit sharing and 401K plans, life insurance, and more.
Magid Glove & Safety is America’s leading manufacturer, distributor and importer of hand protection and safety products i.e. work gloves, fall protection, gas detection, reusable and disposable respirators, clean room, 1st aid and all other safety related products. Magid is a financially stable, growing and privately held business, which has provided safety solutions to thousands of companies since 1946.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disabled/veteran