endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Transportation Manager is responsible for the efficient and safe delivery of products to our customers in compliance with DOT rules and regulations as well as business requirements, while keeping superior customer service a priority. The role of Transportation Manager will be responsible for training and direct supervision of drivers, administrative functions and the support and implementation of programs and procedures.
- Directs and supervises the work and productivity of drivers and clerical associates within the transportation department.
- Ensures all drivers and other transportation department associates are appropriately trained in job duties including safety and legal requirements.
- Anticipates, analyzes and troubleshoots problems with deliveries and devises cost-effective and legal solutions; and acts to implement same.
- Schedules drivers for routes based on division devised methodology.
- Manage drive time and service time to maximize efficiencies by ensuring DOT compliance of all drivers including logs, drug testing, hours of service and compliance by conducting routine safety and driver meetings.
- Create an atmosphere in which upward communication is encouraged and motivate associates to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Ensure maintenance of driver qualification files.
- Ensure driver equipment is properly maintained and all drivers are reporting equipment issues.
- Ensure that drivers are trained in the use of all technology we deploy and food safety, product integrity, HACCP and DOT regulatory requirements.
- Investigates all accidents, maintains an accident file, tracks causes and takes appropriate preventative action.
- Improve driver performance (safety, quality, efficiency, customer service and reliability) to meet and or exceed benchmarking goals.
- Complete annual performance reviews for all drivers.
- Investigate transportation issues with customers as they arise.
- Commitment to excellence and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with all departments to provide seamless customer service.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Perform additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- High school diploma required.
- Current valid driver’s license, CDL A preferred.
- Must be able to pass a post offer drug screen.
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and criminal background check
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Email and inventory software; preferably AS 400
- 5 years previous supervisory or management experience in transportation.
- Familiarity and experience is required with DOT and other regulatory requirements; on board technology, and routing systems.
- Analytical, multi-tasking and critical thinking skills required.
- Ability to function in a multi-level environment, including climbing stairs, bending, twisting, stepping, stooping, reaching, lifting and pushing.
- Ability to speak read and write English for effective communication and exhibit the ability to comprehend directions and report or convey information.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.