- International foods manufacturer headquartered in the Chicago area is searching for a Transportation Manager to their operation.
- This companies manufacturers snacks that are distributed across the US and world. The Transportation Manager will be responsible for managing the operational transportation for all inbound and outbound shipments
- This is a crucial role to the organization and is open due to a retirement.
- People who work at this organization will obtain great career growth, a good team, great benefits and a corporate culture of continuous improvement
- Please local candidates only
- Lead a team of Logistics and Transportation Planners
- Create short-term and long-term strategies for transportation needs
- Select vendors and negotiate annual national contracts
- Negotiate supplier claims as needed
- Analyze, track and manage KPI’s and transportation metrics to streamline and improve needs as necessary
- Work with 10+ plants and distribution centers across the US on day to day activities (including, but not limited to transportation, lane analysis, TL, LTL, etc.).
- Manage inbound and outbound freight for Canada and Mexico
- Manage TMS (Transportation Management System)
- Ensure compliance with all government regulatory agencies standards (example: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).)
- Document and follow up on all department processes in order to implement improvements
- Perform projects and other duties as necessary
- BS/BA or equivalent 10+ years of transportation management experience required.
- 5+ years managing a team of transportation planners, supervisors and analysts.
- 5+ years of transportation/logistics expertise specifically in negotiations, analysis, TMS, KPI’s, metrics, regulations, MS Excel, ERP, TL, LTL, etc.
- Must have experience with shipping and receiving perishable products; preferably in food manufacturing environment
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task
- Proven ability to lead, coach and develop a successful transportation team