Transportation Health & Safety Manager
Our transportation and logistics client is searching for a Health & Safety Manager to join their team. Based in Edmonton and reporting to the executive-level, the successful candidate will be accountable for maintaining a strong safety culture, driven by performance and key initiatives. Your success will be defined by your ability to:
• Provide leadership with respect to the development, implementation, training and maintenance of the safety program throughout the assigned territory;
• Monitor and oversee safety performance and compliance against established safety procedures and regulations;
• Support the health and safety team in incident investigations, assist with root cause analysis and recommend corrective actions;
• Keep abreast of current legislative requirements, standards and practices. Possess strong knowledge of the National Safety Code.
• Monitor and follow up on corrective actions and conduct safety audits and inspections to ensure equipment, materials and processes are being followed;
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure health and safety compliance within and outside the organization.Your strengths include:
• 10+ years of related experience within transportation or logistics industries;
• NCSO designation is required;
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in OH&S Management, or a combination of education and experience may be considered;
• Previous experience effectively supporting multiple client groups and locations;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with and influence staff at all levels of the organization;
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply”
button to send your resume directly to Vijay Masih.Recruitment Partners Inc.
is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more. Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - TechnologyContact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!