Reporting to the General Manager of an asset-based carrier providing over-dimensional transport and logistics services throughout the southeast and across the country.
The Transport Logistics Manager will be responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the company's activities to achieve company and corporate goals. Be proficient in three (3) core management areas that include technical knowledge, internal and external applications, and leadership and supervision skills. Specific areas of coordination responsibilities include but not limited to equipment management, equipment maintenance, driver management and training, management software mastery, dispatching, safety controls, etc. Provide activity and status reporting as required by management. Assist the General Manager in the development of plans for profitability, budgets, and goals for the company. Manage and supervise staff to ensure compliance. Be always available to assist as necessary to address customer needs to ensure their satisfaction. Participate in the development of policies and procedures. Be proficient in knowledge and understanding of laws, rules, and regulations mandated by Federal and State agencies. Manage the hiring, training and termination processes for staff and drivers. Prepare plan for attraction of new and qualified employees. Motivate staff for optimal attitudes and performance. Participate in employee evaluations and management of wage controls. Develop strategies to improve overall quality and productivity controls. Respond to and resolve employee problems and issues in a timely manner. Coordinate with sales staff as necessary. Participate in meetings, seminars, and conferences as required. Always promote the Company’s mission and values with staff and customers.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Asset Based Heavy Haul / Oversize Trucking Operations (5 years minimum)
- Federal Compliance Knowledge (DOT, FMCSA, HOS, e-logs)
- Knowledge of Oversize / Over-Dimensional Route Planning and Permitting
- Driver management / retention strategies
- Load optimization and lane management
- Budgeting and financial planning
- KPI management / development
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Industry Related Software (i.e. Samsara - E-Logs/Tracking/Cameras; Prophesy - Dispatch/Load Scheduling)
- Residence: Wilson, NC - relocation assistance may be available
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of specialized trailer configuration, loading and securement (RGN, Steps Decks, etc.); mechanical knowledge about equipment in general)
- Highly Motivated: Possess the ability to work independently and as a teammate.
- Ability to identify what is needed to be accomplished and immediately drive towards solutions that meet existing needs of the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, relationship building, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, coach and counsel driver / employee performance relative to safety behaviors and performance standards.
- Honesty, integrity, and high moral standard
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online