AstraWorks is a recruiting agency focused on the Power & Energy market. We place professionals across various disciplines including Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Environmental, Real Estate and Operations.
We're partnered with an industry leading design firm to identify a Transmission Line Engineer in Springfield MO.
- Develop project scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
- Build and modify pole and tower models for PLS-CADD design.
- Develop construction assembly drawings, material selection, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
- Develop construction specification packages that include drawings, one lines, phasing, and standard installation specifications.
- Perform conductor selection studies, shielding, grounding and induction studies.
- Develop cost estimates and schedules and prepare specifications for the procurement of transmission line materials and construction.
- Facilitate acquiring permits to perform construction activities.
- Assist in project management responsibilities as necessary
- Coordinate activities with other departments and outside companies such as: real estate, drafting, other engineering groups, line construction crews, contractors, surveying
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, civil engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in transmission line design experience
- High Voltage transmission line design experience, 69kV to 230kV
- Proficient in PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole and PLS-Tower
- PE license or EIT certification