Responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from English to Japanese or Japanese to English while making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone.
You should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in both English and Japanese.
- Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a same language by converting one spoken or written language to another (English and Japanese).
- Convert, edit, and proofread written materials from one language into another accurately.
- Attend meetings and conferences to translate, take note, and write a meeting minute.
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs.
- Performing other duties whenever it is necessary.
- Fluency in both English and Japanese.
- Previous work experience as a translator, interpreter, or similar role in manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma and some college/university level education.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Typical Industrial Environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a variety of conditions in the plant and the warehouse. The noise level in the work environment in the warehouse and the plant can be loud.
This position is very active and requires standing and walking all day. Some work are in the office environment where you work on a computer or attend a meeting. The employee must lift and/or move items over 25 pounds.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are to be determined. Applicant must be flexible. This is a 40 hours per weeks position. There may be some weekend or overnight shifts.