Position: Transaction Management Analyst
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Postition is 100% remote for now, ideally someone from Toronto or Montreal so they can commute into an MJH office in the future if needed
- Reconcile position holdings on a daily basis between the Bloomberg Px7000 Database (Bloomberg) and the internal investment systems (Maximis). Identify and resolve discrepancies, distribute exception reports to front and back office with details and explanations for the discrepancies and follow through until breaks are resolved.
- Reconcile daily between Bloomberg Asia and Bloomberg Px7000 Database (Bloomberg); identify and resolve any discrepancies by researching activity in both databases
- Reconcile the settle date cash on Bloomberg against a calculated balance produced from Maximis that the traders use to make investment decisions, plus identify and resolve cash breaks.
- Process trades for T-Lock trades, manual Asia trades (China, Indonesia) and other ad-hoc trade input in Bloomberg
- Input investment and trade data related to complicated investments from multiple investment offices into the systems as requested by our North American and International Managers.
- Communicate on a timely basis on any issues with Managers and Custodians due to the time sensitive nature of these activities and keep inventory of outstanding or pending actions and manage to the corporate action and trade settlement deadline.
- Conduct analysis investigate possible error and make corrections to investments and trade data that have already been input within documented guidelines. Review forecasted cash flows that have been brought to the transaction management area from the reconciliation area as they do not reconcile to the bank.
- Work collaboratively in regards to peer to peer checking daily tasks as needed such as dividend and factor rates addition and paydown processing and manual trades upload in the investment system, ensuring transactions are processed correctly
- Act as a resource to the team and department for any related Bloomberg application inquiries and investigations
- Verification of Bloomberg Account Groups and accounts with Maximis’ account list
- Assist the Bloomberg Analyst in the creation of the monthly TM trade metrics and portfolio metrics report to manager, director for sign-off
- Run bond rating discrepancy file and distribute to Data Specialist for updating into Maximis
- Run variable rate discrepancy file and distribute to Reconciliation and Data Maintenance areas for updating into Maximis
- Work within existing procedures and processes ensuring clear and concise documentation is created and maintained
- Adhere to established SOX documentation and controls as well as assist with Internal and External Audits.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Work hours is from 9:00am to 5:00pm with overtime as required
- Provide subject matter expertise to team members, Conduct interviews with business and technical experts to identify and communicate issues.
- Gather comprehensive information to be used in problem identification and resolution.
- Work with management to identify workflow or technology issues and develop creative solutions.
- Assist with development of user test plans and testing to validate system enhancements.
- Develop new procedure documentation in support of new process, products or system enhancements.
- Assist in discussing proposed system enhancements and modifications with IS staff and Operations.
- Provide post implementation support for all approved deliverables.
- Conduct train the trainer sessions.
- Good understanding of department processes with strong technical product or processing system knowledge
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both verbal and written communication
- Good organizational skills Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Good problem solving skills and analytical ability.
- Work well in independent or team basis as situation dictates
- Effective presentation skills Subject matter expert Handles defined project or analytical tasks.
- Post secondary education or minimum 2-3 years equivalent work experience in a securities operations environment
- Canadian Securities Course an asset.
- Excellent knowledge and current understanding of securities instruments
- 2-3 years Bloomberg experience is required; Bloomberg Anywhere is an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel and macro reporting
- Knowledge of current and new technology to support front, middle and back office asset management requirements is an asset
- Good conceptual skills, diagnostic, analytical and excellent problem-solving skills and ability to exercise flexibility and judgment.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to follow process and adhere to guidelines