Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Training and Development Specialist at our plant in Winnipeg, MB.
The Training & Development Specialist will coordinate and implement relevant aspects of the Company Training Plan and will be responsible for the maintenance of all Training Databases and the internal Training Web Site. The incumbent will receive and process requests to attend training and professional development programs. This will include researching potential training suppliers to meet identified training requirements. The incumbent will also be responsible for coordinating and implementing special Company training initiatives. This will include the development of the Company wide training budget on a yearly basis.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Liaise with Directors and managers in the development of departmental training requirements.
- Develop, with the assistance of the Training Manager, the Company Training budget.
- Maintain training databases, including the Certifications database and system.
- Coordinate training programs assigned from the Company Training Plan.
- Promote training and development opportunities to all staff.
- Facilitate, with the Subject Matter Experts, the training plans required to support the production floor for On-Job-Training programs and systems.
- Organize, administer, and in some cases create on-line Training Packages in co-ordination with the Subject Matter Experts.
- Research potential vendors to meet identified training needs.
- Facilitate external training and relationships with local Educational and Industry Groups.
- Organize, submit, and co-ordinate with the Canada Manitoba Job Grant Training program on a yearly basis for recovery of training expenditures.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Previous experience in a training environment.
- Post-secondary education in adult education will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project and MS Access.
- Previous use of an HRMS System or ERP/MRP type of systems.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.