Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has an exciting opportunity for a Training Specialist. The successful candidate will provide an organizational focal point for the delivery of identified training requirements for all employees of Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga and its remote sites across Canada. Key responsibilities include participating in the planning, delivery, selection and scheduling of all in-house classrooms, technical, seminar, on-line and vendor delivered training. The Specialist will also engage with outside funding sponsors (such as the Government) to secure and deliver any available financial support available.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- On-site gym
- Free parking
- Partner with the business and its’ SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) to identify Training, Learning and Development needs
- Develop and maintain the yearly training plan with a budget and schedule by working with the management and technical teams of Magellan Aerospace
- Co-ordinate, develop and schedule delivery of training for technical, educational, on-line and managerial needs for all employees of Magellan Aerospace
- Design with the appropriate Subject Matter Experts and co-deliver training materials through the On-Line Learning Management System to all employees
- Deliver training through class-room and On-Line subjects when the appropriate subject matter knowledge is held and review and manage the competency of course materials through demonstration, testing or compliance verified by successful completion of process to standards
- Participate on Steering Committees as a Company representative to facilitate activities to introduce students to careers in the Aerospace industry and engage with education institutions through sponsorships, scholarships and other ways to promote Magellan Aerospace to the potential workforce
- Prepare submissions for any training funding or grants from Government or any sponsoring agencies. Provide all supporting documentation required to verify and secure the delivery of any grants or rebates applied for
- Maintain training records for all employees who have participated in Magellan sponsored or delivered training programs
- Ensure the HRMS system, certification requirements, training plans, and on-line learning system linkages are maintained and kept up to date
- Develop the Master Training Plan engaging management to review specific departmental needs and develop, maintain and manage the collection, storage, retention and availability of the training curriculum in support of the Master Training Plan
- Support in development of the yearly Wage and Salary Internal Training Hours budget contained in the Company training project plan
- Implement Master Training Plan by liaising with suppliers, marketing the training/educational opportunities as necessary to develop a plan to deliver such training
- Liaison with the appropriate Divisional and Corporate focal points to maintain, manage and document all training outputs and records.
- Support other Ontario and Corporate wide Training, Learning and Organizational Development initiatives, as required
- Post-secondary education in HR, Adult Education, Business and/or Organizational Development.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the aviation industry in a specific trade, as well as experience in the training of adults within a workplace setting.
- Customer Service and detail oriented
- Experience administering an LMS, including user management and reporting, eLearning course creation.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in live classroom facilitation.
- Hands-on experience in a supervisory/managerial role.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with rapid development tools (e.g., Lectora, Captivate, Storyline, Camtasia) a plus
- Experience with WebEx, Zoom, Adobe Connect or other conferencing software beneficial
- Experience in a manufacturing environment considered an asset
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!