Magellan Aerospace Limited is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Training Coordinator. The person's focus will be the development and management of a training program at Magellan’s casting divisions. Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew, the facility provides compelling work-life balance in a picturesque countryside setting.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
• Employee Assistance Program
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Develops training programs for different skilled and unskilled labour positions within the castings division.
• Administers and manages the system to ensure training requirements are adequate to meet business requirements.
• Develops, prepares and reviews training material.
• Reports training activities to senior management.
• Coordinate activities and programs with other Magellan sites.
• Day to day management of training activities.
• Production of reports for senior management.
• Collaborate with other team members including other Magellan divisions to improve the training process or implement new ideas.
• Coordinate external training consultants as required.
• Diploma in Operations Management, Technical Diploma, or Human Resources.
• 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment performing a similar function.
• Manufacturing experience is required. Aerospace or defence experience would be ideal.
• Experience in training development.
• Experience delivering a superior level of service, support and insight to the Senior operations team.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!