Trainer – Heavy Equipment Maintenance
This rewarding position will appeal to an individual with a strong background in Heavy Equipment Maintenance. My client, located in Fort McMurray, is an industry leader with a strong reputation in the Heavy Construction Industry.
Your Success will be defined by your ability to:
- Develop, facilitate and deliver technical training courses on equipment maintenance. Technical training courses can include but are not limited to: preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, electronic service tools, brake systems, hydraulics, electrical schematics, tier 4 engines.
- Mentor, train and evaluate HET Apprentices, HETs, Service Technicians, Tire Technicians, Bench Hands and Laborer Steamers.
- Develop and deliver task training on safety critical tasks, such as removing belly pans or any other safety critical task.
- Participate in Standard Operating Procedure review and development.
- Develop training campaigns and other materials related to the enhancement of safety and technical skills related to equipment maintenance.
- Inspect and observe maintenance work areas, identify opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with site management to identify technical or critical skill training gaps. Develop training plans to address gaps.
- Participate in safety, equipment and specialty equipment training such as overhead crane & rigging, bucket truck, forklift, skid steer, etc. as required. This responsibility will be to a lower extent of the work duties.
- Use a Learning Management System to track and record training records, coordinate classroom training as well as run training reports and monitor for training compliance.
Your strengths include:
- 10+ years’ experience working on heavy equipment from different manufacturers (Cat, Komatsu, John Deere, Hitachi, etc.)
- A combination of 5 years’ supervisory or management experience and experience as a technical trainer, in delivering training or educational programs to adults, or mentoring and training apprentices.
- 2 years’ experience using operational application software (e.g. enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, service or maintenance systems or programs) or training application software (learning management systems) and experience in Caterpillar, Volvo and Komatsu parts and service information systems.
- 2 years’ experience and demonstrated knowledge of training program and processes.
- This position is a minimum of 65-70% field based and 35-30% office based.
- HET Red Seal Certification is required; multiple trade certifications are an asset.
- Specialized courses in engines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Train the trainer certificates in overhead crane and rigging, picker truck, bucket truck, forklift, TIA, hydraulic hose press, EWP and fall protection are an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related field is an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office application software including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, specifically written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, attitude and training experience within a customer service environment
- Strong and collaborative ability to use information available to make decisions and act decisively.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
- Proven ability to remain objective and calm under pressure.
- Proven ability to conduct research and find information.
- Understanding of strategic long term vision.
- Ability to inspire trust teamwork and high performance.
- Skilled in listening, coaching and developing teams.
- Understanding of managing resources and funds for the function.
- Knowledge of motivational principles and methods and how to provide timely and constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of ethical issues and legal regulations when dealing with personnel and human resources issues.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to build relationships.
- Must possess computer skills and knowledge in the Microsoft office suite.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Vijay Masih.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support – Technology