Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
In this global and wide-scope position, the individual will play a key role in carrying out, administrating and providing guidance on different aspects of the Corporate compensation programs. These programs will include and not limited to: variable pay, retirement plans, health benefits, EAP, special allowances, and others.
Being involved from administrative to strategic level, the incumbent will work closely with the Total Rewards Manager and divisional HR departments, towards standardization and compliance of all 18 global facilities to the relevant legislative requirements and Corporate standards.
- Work in a team with the Manager, Total Rewards and other members of the HR team to accomplish strategic goals set by the company executive officials
- Coordinate with Magellan’s divisional HR departments on global projects and initiatives, cascading communication and compiled reporting
- Subject Matter Expert on Canadian and US pension plans (DCPP, DBPP, 401 (k), 409 (a)), as well as Canadian and US medical benefits
- Communicate with pension and benefits vendors on regular basis, staying up to date with plan amendments, system updates and pending regulatory requirements
- Responsible for external and internal reporting related to total rewards
- Co-ordinate external audit processes and reporting on registered and non-registered pension plans for divisions in North America
- Provide guidance, training and support to Magellan’s global HR personnel on inquiries regarding Magellan’s compensation and benefit plans
- Maintain an up-to-date HRIS and Success Factors super-user
- Carry out HR Generalist duties related to compensation for Magellan Corporate Office employees
- Process compensation changes for Management and Executive level employees
- Verify and process invoices from pension and benefits carriers, coordinating with Accounts Payable
- University or College degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant discipline
- Ontario Canadian Pension Certificate Program (CPBI), or certified Employer Benefits Specialist (CEBS) is considered an asset
- Strong experience in pension and benefits administration, external reporting and audits
- Strong empirical skills; Communication; Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)