Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Tooling Pattern Maker. In this Full-Time Permanent position, the successful incumbent will repair broken or defective patterns and alter patterns to conform to changes in design. The Tooling Pattern Maker will also be responsible for safely operating power tools, machinery as well as reading and understanding blueprints and CAD drawings.
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Safely operate power tools to include saws, drills and pneumatic nailers
- Read and understand blueprints, CAD drawings and technical documents
- Accurately use measurement tools such as calipers, and micrometers
- Follow written and verbal instructions with accuracy
- Create pattern tooling for an aluminum / magnesium foundry who manufactures sand casting parts for the aerospace industry
- Set up and operate any type of machinery and use a variety of hand tools to cut and form material to any intricate shape
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years’ experience working with patterns in a foundry environment preferred
- Be able to read and write in English
- Basic understanding of molding and core making processes preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- Excellent eye-hand coordination
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!