Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Tooling Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To support Magellan Wrexham through controlling the quality, supply, stock, maintenance, issuing of all tooling for the facility. Provide a complete Zoller TMS role out at Wrexham before proceeding to all other UK sites. Provide continuous support to the shop floor with any tooling queries both assembly and machining.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Creation and or updates of tool cutter designs and supporting documentation
- To maintain and control several tooling budgets in conjunction with yearly targets and KPI’s
- Production of TMS tooling database and role out across all UK sites when complete at Wrexham
- To guide and advise the shop floor with any issues or concerns with tooling queries
- To maintain stock levels within the tool room and assembly processes aiding production flow
- Help and Advise your Engineering Colleagues with tooling strategies for machining components.
- Utilisation of tool cutter setting equipment
- Knowledge of changing cutter program strings in tool holders
- Creation of purchase orders
- Goods receiving and closing of purchase orders.
- Production of tooling spend slide for the Senior management Review
- Purchasing and control of measurement equipment
- Purchasing of shop floor equipment
- Knowledge of tool cutting types standards and geometry
- Knowledge of tooling and tool cutter suppliers
- Min 2 years of production or engineering experience.
- TMS/TDM experience / skills in Catia V4 / V5.
- Experience with budget maintenance and control in conjunction with tool room operations.
- Knowledge of GD&T/SPC techniques
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of TMS systems.
- Must show a high level of knowledge in carbide cutting tools and the use of pre-setting measuring equipment to follow the relevant inspection processes for NC tool assemblies.
- Good practical co-ordination skills. (Company Test)
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. (Company Test)
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Confident with technical decisions
- Can interact and work with multi-disciplined team
- Confident in explaining and presenting any issues or errors to multi functional departments
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!