- Design and oversee all new tool builds and equipment for production to meet customer specifications; ensure tools are delivered to internal requirements and best practices within timelines.
- Develop maintenance processes around tooling; train the team in handling tools during shutdowns and startups; share the same with tooling vendor for repairs and regular maintenance.
- Run daily control loop on tooling performance; resolve production challenges; create and track key performance indicators.
- Run and support projects ranging from tooling improvements to new product development to ensure design for manufacturability and a flawless production launch.
- Develop, evaluate and improve tooling methodology including documenting into specifications, standard work processes and tracking metrics.
- Investigate and set up a local supply chain for tooling; identify, negotiate and build long term partnership; responsible for vendor management – daily interaction, training on specifications, repairs and meets our standards and technological capability.
- Conduct fluid flow simulations as per the specifications and be abreast of new technology in the market.
- Support capital investment process through participation in setting strategy, defining projects and executing upon assignments. Purchase capital aligned with the budget and internal standards.
- Collaborate with global colleagues to ensure best practices are met; open to travel to explore and learn tooling technology and leverage expertise.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Experience: 5 – 10 years of tooling design, extrusion, capital purchasing, project management
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office 365, Solid Works, AutoCAD, Flow simulation, 3-D modeling
- Competencies/Soft Skills: Good written and oral communication skills, self-motivated, ability to lead projects and initiatives, entrepreneurial mindset, strong attention to details, and ability to wear many hats
- Knowledge of plastics, Knowledge of stainless steel
- Experience managing outside vendors
Position success criteria:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Demonstrate technical communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- We want the team members to actively challenge the status quo, identifying and pursuing solutions and new initiatives. There are no limitations on what you can explore, lead or achieve. A true self-starter perspective.
- You will be exposed to various areas of the business like participating in team strategic goals to understanding the working financial statements and its impact.
- Flat structure
- We believe in the strength and power of cohesive teams to make decisions to tackle challenges. Our structure is all about transparency and open communication.
- Innovation and growth
- We are always striving to generate new ideas and grow our business, largely through investing for the future. A wide network of experts will help you expand your know-how and competencies.
- We offer you a diverse range of tasks in a dynamic team setting that will help you to identify and gain experience in your area of interest.
- Global networking
- We have a global presence and frequently interface with our colleagues to stay on the cutting edge. There are abundant opportunities for all employees to engage internationally.
- Work life balance
- We consider our team to be a family. We maintain a flexible workplace environment, providing the platform for employees find a balance between personal and work responsibilities.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.