Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a Tooling Engineer.
To control, manage and report all tooling requirements to enable company to accurately forecast spend and specify cost savings.
- Temporary Full Time Contract (6 months)
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Manage, Monitor and control Tooling on a day to day basis across sites.
- Liaise with Tool Supplier Reps to ensure stock levels are accurate and available.
- Liaise with Machine Tool Manufacturer Applications Engineers to constantly improve tooling.
- Support the Engineering department with New Tooling requirements and tooling issues.
- Interface with other departments, manufacturing facilities and customers for engineering related tasks.
- Support Shop floor with tooling requirements, to provide support and assistance to any new part introduction process and assisting in securing a smooth introduction.
- Project manage new tooling requirements for new plant installation and liaise with Engineering.
- Manage and reduce tooling cost/spend in line with budget assumptions.
- Standardise tooling across the site, to carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
- Have the ability to trouble shoot and solve tooling problems when required.
- Good General Education
- Time Served Apprenticeship
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Knowledge of multi-discipline Engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices, processes and procedures
- An understanding of aerospace materials and standard hardware
- Previous experience of programme management
- Good knowledge of CNC Machining and Catia NC Programming
- Awareness of CNC Machines and controls
- Tooling and Fixturing knowledge
- Experience of working to budgets (Desirable)
- Commercially aware
- Computer literate with good excel knowledge
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Customer relationship skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Financially aware
- Knowledge of sector
- Ability to listen and focus on business objectives
- Work on own initiative
- Clear, concise communicator
- Organised and methodical
- Takes ownership of problems
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team! Tooling Engineer Tooling Engineer Tooling Engineer Tooling Engineer Tooling Engineer Tooling Engineer Tooling Engineer Tooling Engineer