The Tool and Die Maker is responsible for producing tools, fixtures and gauges that are required by the Plant Manufacturing processes.
- Trouble shooting, Repairing, analyzing, tuning and or improving performance of all molds.
- Performance of preventative maintenance and record keeping
- Ability to setup and operate a wide variety of manual machining equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, drill presses, saws, welding, etc. Possibility of setting up and operating CNC equipment does exist.
- Ability to build or design work holding devices to accomplish work order instructions.
- Ability to perform alignment procedures on machine slides and spindles
- Ability to rebuild various machine components such as spindles, bearing blocks etc.
- Utilize equipment and diagnose machine components in area of balance, vibration etc.
- Responsible for being able to effectively communicate and interact with Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance and production daily
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills and Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
Click here to apply online
- Demonstration of above average knowledge for all on the job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on production, safety and quality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and oral/written communication skills
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and ability to be assertive in meeting timelines.
- Adapt to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize work as necessary.
- Work overtime as business needs require
- Flexible to work all shifts.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding proprietary company information.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and guidelines, blue prints, hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics, schematics and operation manuals or instructions.