Supervise, coordinate, and assist with all mold and tooling inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs. Oversee day-to-day supervisory activities related to mold shop direct reports and ensure safe practices within the facility and personnel. Responsible for changeovers, standardization, improving efficiencies, overall quality, and reducing cost and waste related to tool & die programs and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure direct reports have received safety training and are aware of potential safety and/or health risks, including compliance with OSHA requirements and GMP standards. Monitor and enforce safety standards in the facility
- Ensure that all mold change personnel are properly trained to perform their job assignments in a safe and efficient manner, complete paperwork properly, maintain accurate log books, records, and other administrative duties
- Responsible for the overall direction and coordination of mold change personnel on a daily basis in a 24/7 operating environment. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to performance management, complaint resolution, team building, department morale, and interviewing
- Monitor direct reports’ attendance / absenteeism and vacation schedules to ensure daily coverage of each job function within the facility
- Supervise Mold Shop and work with local tooling vendors and production when needed for emergency repairs. Facilitate resolution of tooling design issues as it relates to tool fabrication or production processes
- Formulate Mold Shop schedule and direction, set priorities and convey delivery dates to the Production Planning department
- Supervise and assist with troubleshooting, mold changes, tool and die, mechanical, electrical, and repair
- Monitor and coordinate preventative maintenance, restoration, repair, rebuild, or replacement of all Mold Shop equipment and production tooling
- Track and maintain electronic records on all maintenance and repairs in both internal and external systems
- Establish production tooling costs and budgets and generate capital requisitions for tooling projects. Control tooling maintenance budget and spending. Assist with annual budgeting for mold change expenditures and compliance budgeted figures
- Generate purchase requests for the ordering of raw materials, tools, supplies, etc.
- Act as a liaison between Tooling Design, Tooling Program Manager, and Sr. Plant Manager
- May be assigned other projects and tasks by Manager as necessary
This position reports directly to the Sr. Engineering Manager. Incumbent will directly supervise hourly mold change personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: Associate’s degree in related technical field and five to seven years of relevant tool & die experience in a manufacturing environment. Additional technical or leadership experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Prior experience with tool & die is required.
Skills: Strong written and oral communications skills required. Ability to write effective reports is required. Incumbent must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills and be able to effectively communicate across various levels of the organization.
Skills: Strong hands-on knowledge in tool & die required. Incumbent must have the ability to read, write, and interpret technical diagrams and procedures. Strong mathematical skills required, including applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must be strong with measuring devices, calipers, dial indicators, and metric conversions. Must have a basic understanding of controls, voltage, and single and three phase wiring applications. Must have knowledge of process water flows through tooling Click here to apply online