Our client is located south east of Pittsburgh and have a need for a Tool Room Manager. The ideal candidate will have the following experience;
Click here to apply online
- Create a team environment in order to exceed customer expectations.
- Compliance to budget and management system requirements.
- Oversees operation of the Tool Shop activities such as, but not limited to; work assignments, shift assignments to insure efficient and continued operation of the Tool Shop.
- Insure that required repairs, modifications, change over of molds are completed within the time frame required.
- Coordinates and interfaces with all activities involving all internal and external tooling activities.
- Prepares as needed customer tooling status updates.
- Makes required purchases of cutting tools, end mills, files, drills, grinding wheels and other necessary supplies to the operation of the department efficiently.
- Maintain tool shop area and keeps equipment in good operating condition and repair.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing, ideas and procedures effectively.
- Cooperates with personnel in all departments by making cost estimates, completion dates, and updating progress of tools and molds in tool shop care.
- Assist Engineering Department when required. Includes troubleshooting new and existing jobs, cycle improvement, quality improvement and tooling function, both molds and all secondary equipment and operations. Assist in expediting molds, tooling etc.
- Controls the shipment or transfer of all molds entering and leaving the Tool Shop to either other business units or outside vendors.
- Maintain proper records of activities and make all necessary reports.
- Manages and Maintains all tooling activities in the Maximo tooling database.
- Other duties as required.
- Insure that all regulatory and safety guidelines are strictly adhered to.