Tool room manager is responsible for supporting all areas of mold repair and maintenance. Involvement in new mold design would also be an essential requirement.
- Mold repair and maintenance
- Database collection for PM’s to include number of shots
- Quality Issues identified with tool repair needs identified
- Cycle Time Improvement needs identified with actions
- Tool room efficiency & accountability measurements
- Coordination of all tool engineering changes, maintenance, & repair (in house & outsourced)
- Tool Room Staff and Equipment
- Supervise, train, & lead the tool room staff to grow in skill sets required
- Apprentice Program
- Safety Policies
- Document Control for all Tooling
- Proficient in using CNC, EDM, Lathes, & other tool & die equipment.
- Tool Room Equipment Capability Improvement Plan
- New Tool Designs
- Responsible for Onboarding New Tooling / DFM review process
- Support Mold Building & Mold Sampling
- Automation Integration
- Assembly operational improvements
Skills and Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Experience in Injection Molding Tool Design, development, fabrication, validation and repair.
- Proficient in 3D CAD/CAM systems (CATIA, MASTERCAM) to use CNC machining center, CNC EDM, & other machinery for tool & die making/repair.
- Understand and demonstrate design for manufacturability for successfully implementing injection molding tooling with improvements.
- Experience and understanding of de-coupled / scientific injection molding and structured process development
- High degree of technical aptitude with a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes and JIT (Just In Time).
- Basic knowledge in quality planning tools to include, but not limited to: QFD, FMEA, Flow Chart, Control Plan, Poka Yoke
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and oral/written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts.
- Strong planning and organization skills with a high attention to detail
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and ability to be assertive and persistent in meeting timelines
- Strong personal computer skills, to include but not limited to: Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, 3D CAD/CAM CATIA, MASTERCAM).
- Ability to travel as required to domestic and international locations.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize work as necessary.
- Ability to work overtime as business needs require and travel occasionally to domestic or international locations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding proprietary company information.
Click here to apply online