Title: Tool Design Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1618689312
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Tool Design Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Cypress, CA.
This is a long-term contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Management of the tooling design, sign-off, development, procurement and maintenance process by providing leadership which generates a culture of empowerment, individual responsibility and stretch.
- Drive quality, efficiency and output across the plant, upholding the highest Health and Safety performance.
- Balance multiple designs and projects, acting as the primary point of contact for tooling needs.
- Act as an engineering liaison during design development of new tooling to ensure manufacturability.
- Interact with all departments impacted by tooling design and production to ensure the optimal and most efficient result is achieved.
- Have detailed knowledge of how to read engineering drawings, and be able to relay information to production team members.
- Develop best tooling design and production standards and practices.
- Provide feedback to Design Engineering and Customers to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction, and best delivery that meets the quality requirements.
- Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer, and company specifications.
- Solve manufacturing issues and communicate effectively with solutions.
- Analyze and process supplier CAD/tool designs and proposals for coordination to customer buy-offs.
- Education: BS in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- 6+ years of experience and a minimum of 3+ years of related tool design experience (assembly tooling preferred).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Expert in Catia IV and Smarteam.
- Relevant and significant engineering experience in tooling/jigs/fixtures and working in a fast paced production environment.
- Self-motivated and capable of independent decision making and managing time to meet strict schedule.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.