A leading importer and distributor of ceramic and stone tile and is a major supplier to some of the largest distributors throughout the United States and Canada. Based in Toronto,Tile & Stone is a privately owned 100% Canadian corporation that is growing rapidly. This Tile & Stone company is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Currently we are looking for an eager, motivated Tile Cutter to join our team in Vaughan (Woodbridge), Ontario.
Full Time Position:
Monday to Friday - 9am to 6pm
Pay rate $20.00 /hr
The Tile Cutter is responsible for safely and accurately using a wet tile saw to cut porcelain and natural stone tile according to the required specifications outlined in each project. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, cutting tiles and mosaics to specified sizes and shapes for installation on visual display sample boards for use in retail showrooms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cuts and shapes tile to fit specified dimensions
- Uses an electric wet saw for cutting tile, always adhering to safe operating procedures
- Is capable of using other cutting tools, such as score/snap tile cutter, utility knives or other masonry materials as needed
- Prioritizes and plans time appropriately to ensure cutting activities support the Assembly production schedule
- Wears the appropriate PPE at all times for safe operation of the wet saw
- Provides assistance and backup relief duties as required to others in the Visual Display Area
- Performs pre-use inspections on the wet saw and cutting area and ensures that any deficiencies are reported to management and appropriately corrected prior to use
- Assists with maintaining an organized, safe and productive work environment at all times
- Carries out general housekeeping duties to ensure a tidy and clean workplace and workspace
- Works in accordance with communicated standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safety protocols at all times
- Able to prioritize effectively, multitask accurately, and execute successfully under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates time management skills and attention to detail
- Performs additional duties as required
- High school diploma required at minimum; post-secondary education in applicable trade preferred
- 1 to 2 years’ experience of tile cutting with demonstrated capabilities in performing all duties accurately, efficiently, and safely.
- Demonstrated experience and ability working with moderately complex information as related to analysis, problem solving, and reasoning to perform job duties with effectiveness
- Demonstrated accountability for quality, accuracy and adherence to work instructions with some discretion required when exercising duties within pre-determined limits and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to occasionally apply creative problem solving and idea generation to work tasks as required
- Demonstrated ability to follow established standards and processes
- Physically able to perform manual material handling of tile and stone products and operate high-powered equipment with precision and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively, multitask accurately, and execute successfully
- Demonstrated time management skills and attention to detail to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills required, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively while making improvements to work more efficiently
This is an Immediate start position!!
All serious candidates please call Sunny 647-391-8500 to schedule an interview.