- Rural setting
- Opportunity to enjoy the outdoors!
- Full-time direct hire position
- Relocation assistance available
- Must be able to obtain your behavioral health license
We have an immediate opening for a therapist. This is a full-time, salaried position with an opportunity to join a growing company. Come make a difference in the lives of teenagers and families by being a key part of a program that helps facilitate true change. Our client is an independent, owner-operated program where you will be treated like family.
The primary therapist is a central figure in the treatment of each student and family at this facility. You will be responsible for the assessment, treatment planning, therapy, and transition planning for each of your students. Clinical responsibilities include individual and family therapy, facilitating group therapy sessions, working closely with residential staff, and facilitating multi-family groups.
The successful candidate will possess a master’s degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, counseling, psychology or a closely related field. Experience in a therapeutic program is a plus but not required. Familiarity and/or experience with the 12-steps and Stages of Change is also beneficial. The successful applicant will possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), personal and professional integrity, strong computer and telephone skills, the ability to multi-task and have flexibility with scheduling. We are a tobacco free campus.
Our client offers a “hands on” active environment. There will be plenty of time to participate in the activities alongside the milieu in order to help in each student’s change process. Due to the active work environment, the therapist must be willing and able to meet with students both in an office setting and while participating in activities. The ideal candidate will have an interest (not necessarily experience) in experiential therapy, animals, learning new skills, etc. and should love being outdoors and living in a rural community.
This is a small, co-educational, therapeutic treatment program based on a working ranch that serves both male and female adolescents ages 12-18 and their families. The program uses a highly effective experiential approach in a comfortable home-style setting. With a limited number of students, they offer completely custom-tailored treatment and extremely individualized attention. The ranch plays a major role in bringing about change within the students as they participate as active and important contributors to the overall success of the cattle and farm operations. Our client takes great pride in the work they do and are looking for a therapist who will do the same.
- Masters degree in area of therapy – Social Work, MFT, professional counseling, psychology or related field.
- Can be licensed or pre-licensed.
- Familiarity with experiential therapy.
- Shows professionalism by creating appropriate boundaries with students and parents.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Provide weekly individual, family, and group therapy for each student and family on caseload.
- Update referral sources weekly regarding the progress of students.
- Ensure the appropriate, accurate and timely flow of reports and communication with parents and Treatment Team.
- Write treatment plans and weekly notes for each student on caseload.
- Facilitate family visits.
- Develop and follow treatment plan for each student on caseload.
- Attend all weekly meetings e.g., clinical meeting, staff meeting, etc.
For more information, call Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x 116 and email your resume to Rene@apnusa.com.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!