As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 60 years. With 25 programs we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually. Together we: Nurture development. Foster resilience. Cultivate well-being.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Therapist to join our team of talented professionals.
As a Part-Time Therapist (afternoon/evenings) in the Kids-TALK Program, you will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct Intake Assessments, including all necessary opening paperwork (Psycho-social Assessment, financial and demographic forms, etc.)
- Assess and document the needs of children who present themselves for outpatient services in line with Person-Centered Planning.
- Provide individual, family and group therapy.
- Provide parent education, coaching and training.
- Work collaboratively with others in relation to the child and family including psychiatrists, primary care physicians, Wraparound facilitators, school personnel and other family service or support people.
- Advocate on behalf of the child and family to assist them in meeting their needs and reaching their desired level of self-sufficiency.
- Provide referrals for services and community resources as needed.
- Assess client satisfaction and participate in program evaluation as needed.
- Participate in clinical supervision, team meetings and case consultations.
- Complete clinical records and agency documentation in a timely manner consistent with policies and procedures of the Guidance Center.
- Provide supervision to interns in the program.
- Follow The Guidance Center’s professional code of ethics.
- Represent The Guidance Center in the community in a professional manner.
- Complete all required annual trainings such as Recipient Rights, Medicaid Grievance and Appeals, Person-Centered Planning, etc.
- Complete 25 hours of training per calendar year specific to children or adolescents, at least 10 hours of which is specific to child maltreatment or trauma.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available afternoons and evenings.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- Must have a Master’s Degree or higher and be a psychologist (TLLP, LLP, or LP), licensed master’s social worker (LMSW) or limited licensed master’s social worker (LLMSW) supervised by a licensed master’s social worker (LMSW), licensed professional counselor (LPC) or limited licensed professional counselor (LLPC) or must obtain state licensure (LLMSW, LLPC, TLLP, LMSW, LPC, LLP) within a 60-day training period beginning on the date of hire, this period may be extended by up to an additional 60-days of training at the sole discretion of the employer.
- Failure to obtain licensure within the training period will result in the employee being unqualified to perform the function. Beyond the training period, all state licensure must continually remain active, in effect, and free from disciplinary action. Must possess and retain current full or temporary licensure in the State of Michigan.
- The Therapist will meet Michigan Department of Community Health requirements for a Qualified Child Mental Health Professional within 120 days of hire.
- Prefer that qualified candidates will have at least seven (7) months of experience in the examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families.
- Additional requirements include: cultural competency, ability to work effectively with a diverse population, the ability to engage and maintain therapeutic relationships with children and families in a variety of modes of treatment, the ability to develop collaborative relationships with other unit staff and providers, effective communication skills, and a willingness to be flexible.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more! If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line at www.guidance-center.org/careers.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online