endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Test Development and Validation Engineer – Autonomous Vehicle Systems
The global technology leader in ADAS and autonomous vehicle technology has been awarded cutting edge new program for a level IV autonomous vehicle.
This position will design and develop sophisticated test systems to test Level 4/5 autonomous systems. Knowledge of ethernet and other types of sensor connections required. Prior experience in cabling and developing wire harnesses for test systems is required. Must have knowledge of test software installation and customization to develop complex testing systems and protocols for testing sophisticated electronic and computer components.
This Product Assurance Engineer will ensure that a product is tested to meet customer and internal functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, developmental, Design Validation (DV) and Process Validation (PV) testing.
- Design and develop product validation plans (EMC,
Environmental and others as required)
- Review the validation plan with internal (Product Engineering) and external customer (OEM), get approvals
- Develop product test specification for the plants
- Develop requirement for test equipment, get quotes and source supplier for test equipment
- Receive test equipment, validate and perform necessary GR&R before DV/PV
- Schedule internal and external lab for planned DV/PVs
- Track and report progress throughout the DV
- Debug, analyze and report failures that occur during the DV
- Support product engineering for any root cause analysis (8D,
Fish Bone etc.)
- Archive test data, report and parts as mandated by internal and external requirements
- Release final DVP&R or PVP&R for customer approval
What you'll bring:
Desired Technical skills/Experience:
- In depth understanding of validation methodology for Automotive. Application of those to develop new methods for new technology entering Automotive.
- Basic understanding of the ADAS ECU architecture, validation requirements and domain specific tools.
- Experience with communication protocols and tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, PCIe, Ethernet, GMSL2, FPD-Link III)
- Awareness of IPC standards and PCB manufacturing
- Awareness of ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Awareness of IATF 16949
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE, ME or equivalent desirable.
- 7 years’ work experience in Automotive electronics validation such as Hardware and system level validation.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of core product validation principles, and analytical techniques
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.