Lead the T&I business through focusing on high quality service experience for our customers, creating growth oriented technical careers for our people, and delivering profitable results for CEC .
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Staff Development: Establishes and fosters individual career path and advancement. Identifies problems, needs and concerns of assigned staff. Build curriculum and establish training system to build T&I technical expertise across the CEC geographic footprint. Perform disciplinary actions as needed. Ensure all PRD’s are current and develop new PRD’s when necessary
- Territory Performance: Responsible for KPI in assigned territory which includes, but is not limited to: Net Labor, Labor Overages, CSAT and NPS. Work with customer escalations in case of performance issues.
- Identify Opportunities: Lead cross functional team in identifying workflows that are scalable, efficient and provide great technical experiences for our customers and our employees. With the T&I sales organization, understand market requirements and plan for growth opportunities to satisfy customer demands. Participate in customer meetings/ sales opportunities to help build revenue.
- Recruiting: Works closely with CEC Recruiting staff to establish and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates to expedite filling any position within the department. The ability to flexibly plan for and manage increases and decreased in workload across all offices is a core deliverable of this position with Recruiting.
- Reporting Data: Proactively manage current contract data as well as sales funnel to plan for staffing levels and work schedules. Establish, maintain and report department metrics for performance evaluation (ie. Staffing levels, net labor) to CEC Management. Ability to constructively communicate team performance (customer satisfaction ratings) to the group and lead towards improvement is essential. Provide feedback to engineering, contracts and sales to ensure alignment and hand-offs are clear and manageable for the T&I team.
- Continuous Improvement/Growth: Works with GM and the T&I Sales Team to create and maintain strategic plan with long-term and short-term goals.
- Manages Qualified Staff: Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of assigned personnel. Recommend and justify salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Directly supervises T&I employees in the assigned territory.
- Two year college degree from an accredited college or university and 5 years industry or managerial experience. Or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education.
- Fire Alarm background and experience leading a technical team preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations as well as customers.
- Strong organizational, conflict-resolution, problem-solving and creative skills as well as the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment using accurate and timely analysis of available data.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of project management processes, procedures, and tools.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects of up to 25 pounds is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.