Our client is a the leading Distributor in the Fasteners, Nails, and Building Materials industry. They have hired SnapDragon to fill a Territory Sales Representative position for their Dallas/Fort Worth, TX location. The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for calling on the STAFDA community, roofing yards, and builders within an assigned territory to new and established accounts in order to meet or exceed sales and gross margin targets for the Company and the territory.
- Meet established sales and gross margin goals while ensuring customer satisfaction and representing the Company with integrity and professionalism
- Consistently call on and develop current and new customer base
- Determine market strategies and goals for the territory as needed to ensure comprehensive market coverage for all product brands in all market segments, including new construction and remodel
- Respond to leads and sales opportunities by scheduling appointments and meeting with potential customers for product demonstrations
- Apply a professional sales process to close sales
- Present features and benefits, respond to objections, and provide quotes in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with established Company guidelines for pricing, programs and other criteria
- Educate and communicate the Company’s value proposition in order to drive loyalty, satisfaction, sales and service
- Maintain an active role in all phases of project management as necessary to ensure successful project execution, including blue print take-offs, product selection, project specification, proposal preparation, lead time and delivery management, exceptions and bid inclusions
- Identify effective and active local building industry organizations and actively participate to build brand awareness and develop professional relationships
- Provide customers with product and warranty information and pricing quotes according to Company guidelines and follow-up on open quotes and sales orders as needed
- Communicate territory activity, architect and trade contacts, project opportunities, project status, competitive activity and other pertinent market and field information through customer relationship management software (CRM)
- Maintain a current and expert level of knowledge of products, including technical information, specifications, and installation practices and techniques
- Participate in sales planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Attend and participate in sales and training meetings
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Interior Design, Construction Management or a related field
- 3 years’ experience using consultative selling techniques in an outside sales position in windows or doors, building materials, construction products or a related industry
- Experience getting product specified by architects and builders; project management experience helpful
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows operating system, WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, email and Internet use
SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nation wide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."
Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037.