Territory Sales Manager
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for creating and implementing sales plans to maintain and increase territory revenue by building actionable relationships with customers' key decision makers and seek out new opportunities for product specification at OEM end users.
What You Will Do
What You Will Need
- Provide support services necessary to help identify, size and specify customer application requirements
- Build customer and key decision-maker relationships
- Develop an understanding of offered product lines and capabilities to provide input and guidance to customers' design engineering staff
- Provide feedback on pricing, service, customer needs and competitive activity
- Provide sufficient information to inside sales staff to enable them to provide for timely and accurate quotations and estimates
- Work with internal departments to offer the best mix of product and pricing that meets customer expectations and maximizes profitable revenue growth
- Work with territory managers of vendor companies on joint calls to end customers
- Promote existing products and production process · Promote new and emerging products and production processes
- Support and maintain company profit margin guidelines · Responsible for business, auto and entertainment expenses
- Provide various reports including; call reports, call plans, sales forecasts, as well as other reports deemed necessary by the supervisor
- Report quality problems to applicable supervisor
- Responsible to follow departmental procedures and work instructions as written and recommend improvements as necessary
- Other tasks/activities assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the sales system
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Business, Marketing or Technical Discipline
- Experience selling into Aerospace or Military markets.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Communication - Advanced professional written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.