Reporting to the RVP – West Coast for North America’s largest bulk tank trucking fleet with 3,000 trucks and 8,500 trailers and $1B dollars in revenue. They have a network of more than 100 company-owned and affiliate terminals and facilities in key locations throughout the U.S, Canada, and Mexico.
The Terminal Manager oversees all trucking operations inclusive of both company and independent contractor drivers, maintenance shops, & P&L responsibility of 14 drivers, 2 dispatchers, & 2 mechanics. Manages the daily planning functions including assist Terminal Managers and Operations Managers with decision-making and driver management. This would also include reviewing and approving Tank Washes daily. Review and keep up to date all customer contracts for adequate fuel surcharges, rates, online haul and tank wash charges. Leads driver recruitment, retention, payroll, correcting settlements issues, maintenance, and enforcement of safety compliance of drivers and equipment. Ensures compliance with all company processes, procedures, and government regulations. Checks on dispatched loads to ensure loads are covered and proper equipment is available. Ensure all safety requirements (DOT/OSHA/FMSCA) are met. Communication with customers on service and rates, resolution of customer service and vendor issues. Engages in continuous improvement of business processes in partnership with team members & management. Able to travel as necessary for company meetings and customer visits. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Asset based trucking operations management.
- Personnel management (drivers & office staff)
- P&L responsibility
- KPI’s & metrics reporting to measure success.
- Equipment management (tractors, trailers, facilities)
- Driver recruiting & retention.
- Safety: CSA, DOT, OSHA, FMCSA, Hazmat
- Computer Literate: Microsoft suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Travel: up to 25%
- Location: Vancouver, WA
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- History of growing and scaling terminals
- Bulk tank transportation experience
- EBIDTA (as to company standard)
- Driver onboarding & training
- Education: bachelor’s degree (i.e., Supply Chain, Logistics or Transportation)
- Collaborative team player
- Personal accountability
- Problem solving
- Excellent written, verbal, & presentation communications
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Director: Josiah DiPaolo
Transportation, Logistics, & SCMjdipaolo@globalesg.com
330.664.9400, ext.140Click here to apply online