Magellan Aerospace Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Production Controller
- Full Time 3 MonthTemporary Contract
- 39hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The Production Controller, reporting directly to the Operations Support Manager, acts as the coordinator between Production Scheduling & Production, ensuring any constraints or risks to the Production Schedules are reported & escalated in a proactive manner.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee advantages scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To understanding and produce Production Schedules and Drumbeat Reports
- Understanding of Capacity Planning, with basic awareness of finite systems and operations
- Ability to create and read reports, with ability to provide and support any required analysis
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- To ensure no unauthorised works orders or part numbers are being manufactured and validates work centre performance through Shop Floor Booking analysis and live Queue & Move data
- To provide the analysis and escalation of any constraints through DAWC reporting (Days at Work Centre) and provides Capacity and Doable Plan analysis through existing schedules and drumbeat reports.
- To play a key part in providing the data/detail to the Production Scheduling Team, documenting and supporting burn-down and recovery plans, and further contributing to company goals and targets on Start-on-Time, On-Time Completion and lead-time analysis
- To attend meetings, reviews and discussions where applicable, communicating their findings within the above mentioned roles & responsibilities to the necessary teams
- To provide reports, KPI’s and information that complies with all company and departmental policy and procedures (MOS) supporting all departments, managers and teams that have an interest in Production Controller activities
- To lead RCCA projects using Lean Manufacturing techniques that aim to deliver an improved manufacturing performance to support future rate increase and growth of the business
Good standard of education GCSE grade C or above
Operational experience within manufacturing environment with good understanding of deadline requirements and customer demands
Good understanding of Production Processes and various methods.
Other skills/Abilities/Personal Attributes:
- Good I.T. skills and understanding of Windows based software.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, ability to deliver to time and quality standard
- Conscientious, good interpersonal skills, flexible in approach to work
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!