Technology Manager, Agrochemicals
Job Description: The Technology Manager will be part of a lean, fast paced, highly technical team that formulates and commercializes pesticide inerts. Formulation demands will come from customers, market requirements for pesticide applications and novel concepts from suppliers and company R&D. The ideal candidate must be results oriented and have a high aptitude for learning, keen interest problem solving, organic chemistry, strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, organization and team orientation. Candidate will have a unique blend of hands-on formulation experience, project management across multiple markets and strong leadership qualities.
Reports To: VP Technology Americas with strategies and priorities set by Global Business Director Agrochemicals
Responsibility Focus: The Technology Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the product development and technical support needed by the commercial team to grow the Agrochemicals business. Position will assist the commercial team in project prioritization and must be capable of providing product development and formulating expertise of pesticide inert package solutions to meet market, customer and regulatory demands. Candidate will be experienced and capable in external customer support, presentations and market intelligence development to enhance company’s product portfolio for the future.
Candidate must have hands-on experience in formulation development across a wide range of pesticide formulation categories including EC, SC, ME, SL, SE, OD, WP, WG. Adjuvant formulations and knowledge will also be required based on customer demands. Ability to provide solutions to market issues such as drift control, volatility, water conditioning, multi-active formulations and changing regulatory requirements is required. Understanding and application knowledge of formulation stability, wetting, penetration and other physical characteristics is also required.
- Provide leadership and organization to a global development and technical service team
- Work with customers, sales and production teams to define and develop new products.
- Develop commercially viable formulations that successfully meet customer and market demands for performance, economics and regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical, regulatory and application assistance to customers as required.
- Assist internal regulatory team in changes in regulatory demands and anticipated new regulatory restrictions.
- Develop relationships with key vendors and stay abreast of market trends for both raw materials and finished goods.
- Research new developments and raw materials for product development to meet new market demands.
- Represent the company at various industry technical events.
- Additional tasks as deemed necessary by Management.
- Minimum of a BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry. Must have completed university level Organic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry Laboratory Courses. An advance degree in additional relevant fields such as Agronomy, Plant Physiology is a plus.
- 10+ years in agricultural or consumer formulation and applications in the pesticide and adjuvants industry.
- Position will be located in Piedmont NC area.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.