Title: Technical Writer
City: Santa Clara
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-7826404262
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and Technical Writer to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Clara, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Produce high-quality documentation for MLC products, specifically service manuals.
- Work collaboratively with Product and Field Engineers to obtain in-depth understanding of MLC products and the service manual documentation requirements.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, edit, and produce service manuals.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of customer facing documentation, ideally service manuals.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Experience with publishing software such as Adobe Illustrator and Framemaker.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and graphics (pictures, drawings, etc).
- Flow charting (Visio, etc.).
- BS in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Government Regulatory marks (safety, UL/CSA, CE, etc) and other externally required sections.
- Mechanical aptitude (product assembly/disassembly proficiency); good hands-on skills.
- Laser and fiber optic experience.
- Will need to take laser safety training.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.