Robertson Ottawa, recruiting for a Senior Technical Writer, with Secret Clearance and experience in the field of IT Security, network security, and/or cyber security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Experience: Minimum 10 Years
Contract Duration: 48 Weeks
What you will achieve in this role
- Assist RCAF Headquarters staff with administration and coordination of Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) efforts to include:
- In identifying and prioritizing RCAF SA&A objectives;
- Coordinate, monitor, manage, and schedule RCAF SA&A activities leading to Departmental review and eventual approval;
- Developing and presenting formal recommendations on the conduct of SA&A to senior levels;
- Review and analysis of RCAF SA&A documentation for compliancy with Departmental and GoC Information Technology Security Policy;
- Develop and Deliver hands-on instructor led SA&A training and associated course materiel to RCAF Security Practitioners;
- Travel to meet, interview, train, and / or exchange information with RCAF SA&A stakeholders;
- Interact with internal and external organizations as required to: research, develop and provide advice and recommendations on the development and enhancement of SA&A documentation;
- Act as an RCAF participant at SA&A-related work groups, meetings, conferences and other RCAF SA&A initiatives
What you must bring to this role
- Minimum of ten (10) years within the last fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in the field of IT Security, network security, and / or cyber security in the context of a large organization (800+ users) or the Government of Canada.
- Ablility to demonstrate knowledge and experience with the IT Security Risk Management Framework such as:
- Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A).
- The Certification and Accreditation Process (C&A).
- The Harmonized Threat Risk Assessment Process.
- The NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- NIST Special Publication 800-37.
- Ablility to demonstrate knowledge and experience with Governmental Security Policy such as:
- The Policy on Government Security (PGS).
- Management of Information Technology Security (MITS).
- Information Technology Security Guidance 33 (ITSG-33).
- NIST Special Publication 800-53.
- The DND Security Assessment and Authorization Guide (SAAG).
- Significant experience with reviewing and analyzing specifications, notes, drawings and other technical support documentation.