Technical Support / Desktop Support Specialist to provide technical support for desktop computers, applications and related technology.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Takes ownership of technical issues and works with a sense of urgency to resolve incidents and problems.
- Provide staff with support on all desktop, laptop, software and peripheral equipment issues
- Perform deskside support, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware and configuring systems and applications
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems by performing a variety of diagnostic procedures to identify appropriate corrective measures.
- Troubleshoot and repair desktop computers to ensure they interconnect with multiple systems including network drives, email server and all business productivity applications
- Provide support for mobile technologies including iPhone, iPad, Android, etc
- Accurately record, track, and document requests utilizing ticket tracking system.
- Collaborate and troubleshoot with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
- Track and maintain IT assets including computers, monitors, phones, peripherals, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience supporting Windows operating system
- Mobile technologies support (Android, iOS, etc.)
- Hardware troubleshooting experience as well as replacing hardware on both desktop and laptops
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktop and server platforms
- Basic troubleshooting of network, software, and printing problems
- Active Directory experience (account setup, permissions, and GPOs).
- Ability to prioritize and quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems using a wide variety of tools.
- Strong customer-service orientation and relationship building skills.