Seeking a Sr. Technical Support / Desktop Support Specialist to provide technical support for desktop computers, applications and related technology.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for helping resolve onsite technical issues with computer systems, including software, hardware, Point-of-Sale (POS) systems, and other related IT related problems.
- Takes ownership of technical issues and works with a sense of urgency to resolve incidents and problems.
- Provide staff with support on all desktop, laptop, software and peripheral equipment issues
- Perform deskside support, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware and configuring systems and applications
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems by performing a variety of diagnostic procedures to identify appropriate corrective measures.
- Troubleshoot and repair desktop computers to ensure they interconnect with multiple systems including network drives, email server and all business productivity applications
- Support projects and other activities, including installation, upgrades, and system updates.
- Provide support for mobile technologies including iPhone, iPad, Android, etc
- Follow standard procedures in maintaining and resolving issues, including frequent communication on progress or resolution of issues.
- Accurately record, track, and document requests utilizing ticket tracking system.
- Collaborate and troubleshoot with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
- Track and maintain IT assets including computers, monitors, phones, peripherals, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4+ years proven work experience as a Help Desk / Desktop support analyst
- 3+ years experience supporting Windows operating system
- Proven experience maintaining and troubleshooting desktop hardware / software and basic network issues
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktop and server platforms
- Basic troubleshooting of network, software, and printing problems
- Active Directory experience (account setup, permissions, and GPOs).
- Mobile technologies support (Android, iOS, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems using a wide variety of tools.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills. Manages a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of internal staff and leadership.
- Strong customer-service orientation and relationship building skills.