The Support Tech provides day-to-day technical support to retail stores for point-of-sale (POS), network infrastructure, and desktop systems software and hardware.
Emphasis of role: Help Desk Support - 2 level
Provides telephone support to field technicians via multiple methods while they install hardware at client locations.
- Troubleshoot reported software, hardware, network problems when they relate to the stores computer and all Peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of reported incidents when they relate to desktop computer and peripherals, also dialing in the desk phones.
- Responsible for accurate tracking and documentation of installation timeline and any problems that arise.
- Responsible to insure timely installation of various pieces of hardware.
- Responds the customer and Retail Solutions personnel via telephone, email, and ticketing system.
- Provides excellent customer support to internal and external clients.
- Provide case status updates to Customer and Retail Solutions personnel.
- Ensure customer satisfactions by advising customers on preventative measures, appropriate solutions and configurations which may impact product performance.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Computer hardware / software installation, configuration and troubleshooting (PC, Network and Point of Sale (POS) equipment)
- Basic network equipment installation configuration and troubleshooting
- Must be able to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis
- Detailed documentation in ticketing systems (i.e. Remedy, ServiceNow etc. )
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking
- POS Install experience in a retail environment
- MS Office Suite
- Network + Certification (Preferred)