The Support Tech provides day-to-day technical support to retail stores for point-of-sale (POS), network infrastructure, and desktop systems software and hardware.
Emphasis of role: Help Desk Support - 1st level
Provides telephone support to field techs via multiple methods while they install hardware at client locations.
- Troubleshoot reported Hardware, software, network problems.
- Responsible for accurate tracking and documentation of installation timeline and any problems that may arise.
- Provides excellent customer support to internal and external clients.
- Responsible to insure timely installation of various pieces of hardware.
- Responds the customer and Retail Solutions personnel via telephone, email, and ticketing system.
- Provides timely technical resolution of problems or escalations on behalf of customer to appropriate higher level technical personnel.
- Provide case status updates to Customer and Retail Solutions personnel.
- Ensure customer satisfactions by advising customers on preventative measures, appropriate solutions and configurations which may impact product performance.
- Minimum 1 year experience in help desk
- Experience troubleshooting Hardware, software, network problems.
- Experience documenting within a ticketing system
- Client Facing
- Vendor Facing
- Retail POS Troubleshooting Skills
- MS Office Suite
- Network + Certification (Preferred)