• Ability to discuss, diagnosis, & supply repair robot operational and process problems as reported
by the customer or service engineer.
• Answer technical support phone calls and properly log via the TSL (Technical Support Log),
identify the problem and follow up with a thoroughly researched solution.
• Elevate advanced technical questions to cRc “All Star” or appropriate Product Development
Engineer and follow up with customer as needed.
• Create TSL Quick Reference and Common TSL Solution attachments for customer distribution.
• Create CCM quotations per customer request and part number searches as required.
• Utilize online documentation and hardcopy manuals to locate appropriate troubleshooting steps
and/or technical information to be sent to internal and external customers or utilized during on-site
• Identify and implement business process improvements within the Technical Support group.
• Maintain and achieve OMQ group measures for phone call answer rate and TSL closure rate.
• Maintain a high level of availability to answer customer phone calls.
• Flexible with supporting 2nd or 3rd shift based on customer demand and/or group manpower
• Flexible with supporting “on-call” after hours support
• Flexible with providing support services which will require short-term on-site support
• Coordinate with project managers to develop project support schedule and define onsite scope of
work to be performed.
• As needed communicate with customer personnel on project requirements, delivery schedules, and
• When on-site provide technical direction to contractors and other personnel assigned to projects.
• Either through education and/or work experience have developed and demonstrated an ability to
identify and define problems or needs, define plans to address those problems or needs, and
successfully manage the execution of the developed plan.
• Knowledge of robotic applications and processing. Strong emphasis on Paint Systems highly
• Knowledge of word processing (MS Word), spread sheets (MS Excel).
• Knowledge and application of ISO standards
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute multiple tasks concurrently.
• Must have demonstrated capability in: Robotic application engineering and programming.
• Written and oral communication skills
• Successfully working in teams
• Personal initiative to effectively manage himself/herself
• Bachelor degree in engineering or technical discipline (mechanical, electrical or software), or
equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum five years of experience on FANUC robots, controls and/or applications.
• Minimum five years combined process engineering, manufacturing experience, and/or experience
on FANUC robots, controls and/or applications should a degree not be possessed.
• Minimum five years of related experience in Paint Processing / Paint System Installation