Provide specialist engineering and technical support for engine test facilities.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Support the operation and/or maintenance of RCAF engine test facilities
• Provide detailed technical assistance
• Liaise with customers, suppliers, contractors, in-house support staff
• Analyze problems & take measures to rectify
• Provide on-site support
• Documentation & report preparation & administrative tasks
• Maintain up to date calibration procedures and carry out on-site facility calibrations
• Engineering technologist diploma or equivalent experience relating to the repair and calibration of electronic instruments and data acquisition and control systems
• Working knowledge of engine test technology.
• Excellent written, oral communication skills
• Ability to work in engine test facilities and travel to customer sites approx. 6 to 8 times annually, in a ‘hands on’ capacity as required.
• Knowledge and assembly/installation capabilities in mechanical systems such as test beds and frames, cooling and loading systems, fuel/air/oil delivery systems, etc.
• Working knowledge of LabVIEW, data acquisition, control, instrumentation, electrical and PLC systems
• Knowledge of electronics, mathematics, and measurement technology to diagnose, calibrate and repair electrical measurement systems and instruments
• Knowledge of aero engines and engine test procedures
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities!